Know How to Open NSF Files Without Lotus Notes in Outlook?
In this technical guide you will get all the possible solutions to Open NSF files without Lotus Notes in Outlook? Today, this blog provides you an amazing solution which helps you to make your task easy & simple. Let us go one by one to get an answer for the same!
IBM Lotus Notes is a prominently used email application used by huge organizations to achieve their daily requirements of email communication within the office environment. Besides this, a lot of the users prefer to utilize this email client on their machine to open and view their day to day emails in offline mode. Such a Lotus Notes account generates a separate NSF file for every profile to store the entire data integrated with it. Read this post till the end to know the most efficient methods to open NSF files without Lotus Notes in Outlook.
Apart from Lotus Notes, email applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express and so many. Here, some of the popularly used desktop-based email applications to access emails in offline mode.
You can open NSF files in any of the above-listed platforms, but for that, you first are required to convert NSF files into other formats that are compatible with that application. So, in this article, we will discuss the most important query: how to open an NSF file without Lotus Notes in Outlook.
Unavoidable Reasons to Open NSF Files Without Lotus Notes
When a user wants to open and read an NSF file without Lotus Notes installation, there can be multiple reasons behind it. Some of them are listed below:
- When a user is transferring the email client by his desire, then the need to open NSF without Lotus Notes occurs.
- The most reasonable cause is that if a user wants to move to a new work environment, where Outlook email application is adept.
- The maintenance cost of Lotus notes application is high enough as compared to other email clients.
- Migrating to Microsoft Outlook for its features and functionalities like configuring various user accounts at the same time.
So, it is not completely incorrect to open an NSF file without Lotus notes downloaded on the system. But the problem arises when a user does not have any idea about how to read an NSF file without the IBM Lotus Notes installation or to access it in MS Outlook. If we talk about the professionals’ solution then, it is a highly recommended tool suggested by experts.
The products named “Export Notes” application can easily allow access to NSF files without Lotus Notes and facilitates quicker results. Even a novice user can also find this software efficient and easy to use. Otherwise, to know more about another solution, you can refer to the manual technique to read NSF files without Lotus Notes installation.
Professional Solution to Open NSF File Without Lotus Notes
Grab the best Revove NSF to PST Converter Software which is designed for an user-friendly interface to its users. You can easily access or open your NSF file without any Lotus Notes installation in Outlook. This application provides you with 100% security for your data for future use.
Moreover, it has no file size restrictions, you can access a number of files at a time without losing any data. Also, both the technical and non-technical users can easily use this automated tool to get a resultant result for their issues.
Step-by-Step Process to Export Emails From Lotus Notes
- Install and run the Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration tool.
- Now, select category to export Notes
- Export the “Exclude Duplicate Contacts” and hit on Export
- Finally, you have successfully completed the conversion process.
Note: If you want to open multiple NSF files without any other application installation. Then, go with a professional solution. Or if you want to perform manual method to solve your issues then, you need to follow the below instructions for the same:
How to Open an NSF File Without Lotus Notes Manually?
The manual technique utilized to access and open NSF files without Lotus notes download is executed in two workarounds. After performing both the phases, the Lotus Notes NSF files are successfully transferred to MS Outlook application. These two workaround process is described in the following segment:
Method 1: Export data from IBM Lotus Notes
- Launch the Lotus Notes application and click on the Open button from the menu bar.
- Then, hit on File option and navigate to Export from the list that displays
- An Export window will open and you are required to select a location to store the file after export. Choose to save type from the drop-down as Comma-Separated Value (CSV) or Structured Text
- Now, you need to name the file after that click on Export
- After export, you will either get a CSV file or a Structured Text Export display
- After properly selecting the appropriate option click on OK to proceed forward
- At last, that you have successfully migrated the Lotus Notes data file; you have to import the resultant data file in MS Outlook.
Method 2: Import Resultant File to MS Outlook
- Initially, launch Microsoft Outlook application in your system and click the File menu
- Choose to open and then navigate to Import option from the list in the right panel
- Here, an Import Export Wizard will open from which you have to choose the option “Import from another program or file” under the option to choose an action to execute
- Click on Next to proceed. An import a file wizard prompt up
- After that, choose comma separated values (CSV) and then hit on “Next”
- Browse and choose the file migrated from Lotus Notes
- Then, choose the desired location or folder in the user account, where you need to store the exported files. Moreover, you can also enable the option of “Replace the Duplicate items”
- Select the folder to store the data after importing and click on Next
- This procedure takes some time to complete after that hit on the Finish button once the task completes successfully
- On perfect completion of the process, a user can easily open an NSF file without Lotus Notes installation on the system. But, this free technique has some disadvantages that are also discussed in the following segment.
Restrictions Associated with Free Solution
- Selective or specified file conversion is not possible.
- If the files are not considered with proper precaution, it can induce file corruption.
- The technique is a lengthy process and can take time till successful execution.
- A user can encounter loss of data issue after performing this manual method.
In this article, we have discussed both manual & automated methods which help you to open NSF files without Lotus Notes in Outlook. As the manual method is a little challenging for new beginners and non-technical users. And, has some limitations to complete the task on time.
Then, don’t worry, our experts also recommend a professional solution which is easy & simple for all kinds of issues. Users can easily & freely use this tool, and no restrictions on file size. For better knowledge you need to read this post!