Expert Tips to Export Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 – Guide
Microsoft Outlook and IBM Lotus Notes both are widely used email-client across the world and there are many users who are using both email-clients together for a different purpose. Sometimes, they need to access their Lotus Notes data items such as contacts and calendars into Outlook. Because contacts or address book plays an important role in daily life for e-communication. So, it is required to know how to transfer address book from Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook. But, this may create problem to migrate .nsf contacts to .pst directly. Thus, in this article, there are some ways discussed which can easily export contacts from Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook. Before knowing this, it is necessary to know what is the need to transfer contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Why do Users Need to Migrate Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
There are several situations mentioned below where a user wants to export their Lotus Notes address book into Outlook:
1. Lotus Notes and Outlook both have different file format. So, to use Lotus Notes contacts in Outlook, it is needed to transfer .nsf address book into .pst.
2. Another reason is the installation and maintenance cost of Outlook is lesser than Lotus Notes.
3. Outlook comes with the Microsoft Office suite, so it is not required to purchase it separately.
4. Microsoft Outlook is more user-friendly and easy to use compare to IBM Lotus Notes.
Manual Method to Move Lotus Notes Address Book to Outlook
It is not possible to transfer Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook directly. So that this Lotus Notes address book to Outlook Migration are divided into two phases.
- Export Lotus Notes address book into .csv file
- Import .csv file into MS Outlook
Steps to Export Lotus Notes address book into CSV file
- First, Open IBM Lotus Notes application >> Click on the Contacts option
- Then, click More from the menu and choose Export Contacts option.
- Now, a dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Change Directory >> Comma Separated Value >> click on the Export button.
- Finally, it will take some time to export multiple contacts into CSV format.
Steps to Import CSV file into MS Outlook
- First of all, open Outlook application, select File from menu >> Open >> click on Import option.
- Now, Import & Export Wizard will display, choose “Import from another program or file” >> Click on Next button.
- Then, select Comma Separated values and click on the Next button.
- In this step, go to Browse button and select CSV file >> select Do not import duplicate items and click on Next button.
- After that, select a folder where you want to import Lotus Notes address book and click on Next button.
- Next, add Map Custom Fields if needed >> click on Finish button.
- Now, you have to wait for a while till the Lotus Notes gets imported to Outlook through CSV file.
- Once this import process is done successfully, you will be able to open all the address books in the Outlook flawlessly.
Demerits of Manual Method
A user can easily migrate Lotus Notes address book to MS Outlook by using the manual method. But, sometimes it fails to import contacts from Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook. For instance, the image and logo from Lotus Notes cannot be seen in Outlook. Also, if the contacts are exported in bulk, then the files may corrupt or re-sized during the migration process. Moreover, the manual approach needs technical skills and takes a long time to execute.
An Expert Solution to Export Contacts from Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
To overcome the shortcomings of the above-discussed manual procedure, a reliable third-party tool is advised to users. The name of this expert software is Revove NSF to PST Converter Software. This professional utility is used to migrate all data items of Lotus Notes such as emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, journals etc as well as encrypted emails also into the Outlook PST files. This tool has an option to translate the canonical name into SMTP format. It supports Lotus Notes 9.0 & all below versions and also supports Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & all lower versions. Also, the software has the facility to apply a different type of date filters.
Also Read: How to Export Lotus Notes Calendars to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007?
NSF contacts to Outlook PST migration is not an easy task. Apart from that, we have discussed above the manual method to export Lotus Notes address book into Outlook. If the manual method is not suitable for users because of their limitation then a commercial application is also suggested named as NSF to PST Converter tool. It is a trouble-free solution that helps to know how to transfer address book from Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook and perform migration from NSF contacts to PST format in bulk. Besides this, the step-by-step procedure is explained here that will help to transfer contacts without any risk of data corruption or loss.