Use Network Upload & Drive Shipping Methods to Import PST to Office 365
The most emerging queries of users are to import PST to Office 365 Cloud. So, in this blog, we will discuss the manual as well as an automated solution to migrate PST file to Office 365.
Cloud-based applications provide more beneficial services as compared to desktop-based applications. In a similar way, MS Outlook mailbox data on Office 365 account has many advantages. People can universally access the Office 365 emails with internet connectivity.
Hence, many users like to maintain a copy of their Outlook mailboxes in Office 365. To facilitate this easily, you can import Outlook PST to Office 365 domain. Therefore, we will provide here the most suitable approaches in an efficient manner.
How to Import PST to Office 365 Cloud?
There are two possible ways to transfer PST file into Microsoft Office 365 manually.
Method # 1: Use Drive Shipping
Basically, in Drive Shipping method, users need to copy the PST files to a hard drive and then they can physically move or ship the hard drive to the Microsoft data center. Moreover, it is an efficient technique to move the bulk amount of Outlook emails to Office 365. It can also transfer the large amounts of the archive mailbox data items to the organization.
Method # 2: Use Network Upload
Another solution to import PST file to Office 365 is to use network upload method. Perform the following steps carefully as given below:
- At first, copy the SAS URL & install the Azure AzCopy.
- Then, upload the PST file to Microsoft Office 365.
- Now, you can view the uploaded PST files in Office 365 account.
- In this step, make the PST Import mapping file.
- After that, create a PST Import job in Office 365.
- Finally, filter the PST data & start importing the PST file.
Shortcomings of Manual Approach
There are some drawbacks of manual techniques that users should know. Here, some of the major disadvantages of manual processes are given:
- Manual methods need to follow lots of steps that are time-consuming.
- It is difficult to upload the large-sized PST file by using manual procedures.
- Technical knowledge is required to understand the complex manual methods.
- Any mishandling of the steps may lead to file corruption or deletion in Office 365.
Automated Approach to Upload PST File into Office 365 Cloud
To overcome the above-discussed drawbacks of the manual solutions, it is highly suggested to choose reliable third party software like Office 365 Import tool. This is a very beneficial tool that can easily import Outlook PST file to the Office 365 account. In addition, the software provides a self- explanatory user interface that makes the entire migration process facile and easy for the users. The software is capable to upload the complete emails, contacts, calendars from Outlook to Office 365. It is also supported by all versions of the Windows operating system.
The Process to Import PST to Office 365 via Office 365 Import Utility
In order to upload the Outlook PST files to Office 365 account, you need to perform the following steps that are given below:
- First of all, Download, Install and Run the Office 365 PST Import tool.
- Then, choose Add File or Add Folder option within the application
- In this step, you need to Log in as a user account. Then, click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Now, you have an option to select Category like emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc.
- If you need to migrate selective data within some specific date range, then you can apply the Date Filter option.
- Finally, the software successfully import PST file into Office 365 mailbox.
It is a very challenging task to import PST to Office 365 Cloud. So, after considering the challenges faced by users during migration, we have covered both manual and third-party solution. But, manual approaches have executed along with its limitations. Thus, to overcome these limitations, it is advised to choose a reliable and secure application. The Office 365 Import tool ensures the migration of Outlook data to Office 365 without any data loss.