How to Add an Old PST File to Office 365? – Quick Solution
Query: I have 100+ Outlook data files (.pst) on my external Hard Drive. I want to move all these old PST files into O365 online. Can anyone suggest to me how I add an old PST file to Office 365 Outlook?
Solution: You can add a PST file in Outlook 365 online using the Azure AzCopy tool or other automated solutions in the market. Follow the below methods for adding the PST file into Office 365 online.
Table of Content
Using MS Outlook Import/Export Wizard
- First, go to file-tab >> Open >> Import.
- After that, in the Import and Export Wizard, hit Import from another program or file, and then hit Next.
- Hit Outlook Data File (.pst), and then hit Next.
- Now, Set the choices for importing items. The default settings normally don’t require to be changed.
- Hit Finish.
Must Read: Effective Techniques to Import PST to Office 365 Cloud
Add an Old PST file to Office 365 With the Help of Azure AzCopy Utility
Method 1: Install the Azure AzCopy Tool
- Use the O365 credentials of an administrator account, sign in.
- Hit on data management >>Import on the left side of the navigation panel.
- The Import page opens up and users need to again hit on the import option.
- In the Import data into the O365 tab, hit on the sign and users get the drop-down list.
- Choose Upload data over the network option.
- In the Upload files over the network window, hit on show URL to copy the Shared Access Signature (SAS).
- URL and Copy the complete SAS URL.
- For downloading Azure AzCopy Tool.
To download the Azure AzCopy tool, hit on the download tool.
Hit-run and Azure AzCopy tool installed.
- In the upload files over the network page, hit the cancel option after the download is completed.
Method 2: Upload PST Files to Microsoft Office 365
Once AzCopy Tool’s installation is completed users can simply add old PST in Office 365.
- Open CMD Prompt as an administrator
- An open directory where AzCopy was Installed
- Run below command to import PST file
Method 3: Generate the PST Mapping File in CSV
Next, Generate CSV file to map the PST file in the mailbox account after uploading the Outlook data file.
- Copy of the Outlook PST Import mapping file is to be downloaded
- The CSV file is to be opened and saved to the Excel or Notepad of the local disk.
Add an Old PST File to Office 365 Using Office 365 Import Tool
If a user wishes to add multiple Outlook PST files into its Office 365 account then use the Office 365 PST Import tool. This tool is the best solution which allows users to add multiple PST files into multiple Office 365 accounts simultaneously. The software can add email, contacts, calendars, and tasks from a PST file into Office 365. It can add old, new, converted or any Outlook version’s PST file in an O365 Online account.
How Does Software work?
Just follow these steps and know the working process of the software:
- Firstly download and launch Office 365 Import Software.
- Choose the login option & hit on the login button.
- Add PST file using Add File(s) / Folder option.
- Enter the destination Office 365 account id & authenticate.
- You can choose the category and apply the data filter.
- Now, click on Start for adding PST file in Office 365 account.
After following the above steps, you can easily add an old PST file to Office 365 account. Now, read unbeatable features of Office 365 import utility:
- The software provides multiple filter options to import selective PST data.
- Simple GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- Users can add multiple PST at a time.
- No yearly charges, users can pay one time.
- Users can Import Unlimited data without any Limitation.
- Incremental Import feature to skip already transferred data in last attempt.
- Include / Exclude Deleted and Sent Items folder while adding PST file to Office 365.
- Contain entire attributes of emails like attachments and metadata after migration.
- Suitable with all versions of MS Outlook and Windows operating system.
- Doesn’t require command line knowledge to add PST file in Office 365.
- The software provides 3 options to upload PST such as Add file, add the folder, and add CSV.
In this article, we have provided the solution for the user query “how do I Add an Old PST file to Office 365 account. There are two type of solutions are discussed above, ie., Manual and Automated Solution. User can choose the required solution accounding to their requirement.
But, we strongly recommend to use Automated tool for adding multiple PST files in Office 365 Outlook. As automated tool, takes the burden of complex process on itself and provide easy and quick import process. First, try the free demo version of tool to import 25 emails per folder from a PST file.