How to Fix “Notes Error File Cannot be Created When Attempting to Archive”
Lotus Notes offers complete security when it comes to emailing and managing communication within an organization. Lotus Notes users are overall happy with its facilities, but they can face certain error messages now and then. One such Notes error is file cannot be created when attempting to archive. As you can understand from the error name, it occurs while performing archiving related functions. If you are wondering how to fix this Lotus Notes error, read on this article. Here we will be telling you all the details of this error.
Symptoms & Causes of File Cannot be Created When Attempting to Archive
The error message is the There are two situations when this error message occurs one is while trying to drag and drop a single email into the archive, and another is performing Actions >>Archive Now options. Sometimes, it may also appear when you create a new archive and attempt to archive documents in it. Now we come to the reason for this file Cannot be Created When Attempting to Archive. A corrupt archive profile document is responsible for this error.
How to Fix Notes Error File Cannot be Created
Since the damaged archive profile document is behind this problem, only deleting the existing profile document and recreating it will fix this problem. Here is how you need to process to resolve this issue.
- Open the Inbox view of Lotus Notes and click on Create>> Agent. This command will launch the IBM Domino Designer client on the system.
- Enter the name of the agent (Delete Archive Profile) in the New Agent box of that client.
- Set Lotus Script as “Type” and enter the mailfile name beside “Application.” Close the dialog box by clicking OK.
- Go to Objects tab and select Initialize option from the drop-down list.
- Include the following code between Sub Initialize and Initialize by pasting as displayed. Make sure that the code formatting is done in a proper manner.
- Save the agent before closing it.
- Again, go to the Inbox view of the mail file and click on Actions to select the agent.
Here, we have discussed one simple technique to fix Notes error file cannot be created when attempting to archive. Any Lotus Notes user can try this as it is a completely native method. We hope that users will become benefited from this approach.