How to Recover Files from Pen Drive Deleted by Antivirus Program – Explore Here
There come times when the antivirus programs installed on a computer deletes the crucial files stored within the connected pen drive, for some security reasons. Or, sometimes when users attempt to delete viruses from the pen drive using antivirus, they encounter they have lost their important files like Presentations, Videos, Audio, Spreadsheets, and other multimedia. In such situations, they start searching the solutions for various queries like How can I recover my deleted files from the virus? In this technical guide, we are going to demonstrate users two eminent approaches to get back files deleted by the virus from pen drive in an efficient manner. So, let’s begin now!
People Also Ask These Queries
- How can I recover my deleted files from virus?
- How can I recover my deleted files from Kaspersky Antivirus?
- How can I recover my deleted files by antivirus from USB?
- How do I restore deleted files from McAfee?
Solution One. Recover Deleted Files By Antivirus Using CMD
If any file/ folder gets deleted from your computer by the antivirus program (like Quick Heal, Avast, AVG, Dr.Web CureIt etc.) then, Command Prompt is the best way to recover deleted files by antivirus from pen drive.
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously and type cmd
- Now, type chkdsk H: /f and press the Enter key. Here, replace H with your pen drive letter from which you have lost files
- Type: Y and hit the Enter button
- Type H: once again and press Enter. Here, replace H with your pen drive letter
- Next, execute attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* command and press Enter
After this, all your deleted files and folders will be recovered in a healthy state and you can access them without any difficulty. But if you have done any mistake then your data will be deleted permanently and you can never recover deleted data by antivirus using CMD.
Solution Two. Safest Way to Recover Files from Pen Drive Deleted by Antivirus
If you are not so technical savvy or the CMD does not work for you to recover deleted data then, use the Pen Drive Deleted Files Recovery Software. This is one of the simplest techniques to recover lost data files from a corrupted, formatted, or healthy pen drive. The software allows users to recover permanently deleted data from FAT, exFAT, and NTFS formatted pen drives. Follow the steps mentioned below to recover files and folder from pen drive deleted by antivirus:
- Download and install the pen drive recovery tool on your Window PC
- Now, connect the pen drive to the computer from which you have lost data and hit the Refresh View button
- The newly connected pen drive will be displayed by the tool. Select the pen drive and check all its basic attributes in the right software pane
- The tool will give you two different scanning options: Scan and Formatted Scan. Choose a suitable one
- The pen drive scanning process will begin after this and the software will display the current progress report of scanning in terms of percentage
- Once the pen drive scanning gets completed successfully, the tool will list all the recovered data in the left pane and bold all the folders that contain data. You can simply expand the folders to check their data items and permanently deleted data will be highlighted in red color
- Now, you can either save some selected data items or entire recovered data. In order to save only selected items, check all the files you want to save and right-click on selection. Click Save
- In case you want to save entire recovered data, directly hit the Save button
- After this, browse a location to save resultant data or, you can create a new folder. Click OK
- The export process will begin right after this and let it complete. Later, click on OK
- Finally, navigate to the destination location and access all the recovered data items from the respective applications.
“I had scanned my Sandisk pen drive through antivirus program. After which, I have noticed that my few files are deleted from pen drive. I am very much irritated that my files are deleted. Please help me and suggest me how can I recover files from pen drive deleted by antivirus. All files are very important for me please suggest me the solution ASAP”.
“My all important files are deleted from pen drive by the virus. I tried to recover my files from pen drive by using CMD but I am not able to recover my data. Now I don’t understand what I do to recover my files from pen drive. Please help me. Thanks in advance.”
Summing It Up
Losing crucial data from pen drive due to any antivirus program is such a common scenario that is faced by several computer users. In this article, we have discussed one manual solution for how to recover files from pen drive deleted by antivirus program. In case, if the manual method does become failed then, it is recommended to go for the third-party utility suggested above as it is a complete pen drive data recovery solution.