Learn How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Responding Error?
In this technical guide, you will find all the possible solutions to Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Responding Error in a hassle-free manner. So, let’s begin with the same.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most favorable email clients used by millions of people around the globe. In spite of a few strains, Outlook is very helpful and effective for email communication perceptive. The Microsoft forums and other technical communities are witnesses to such issues. Outlook severely hits by unexpected problems such as Outlook not responding, keeps crashing, freezing, or hanging. Most of the time, users normally restart Outlook consistently to fix issues. They do not think of fixing such problems permanently.
Table to Content
This article meant for such users who do not have enough time to fix Outlook common problems. In this blog we are going to discuss simple and efficient working solutions that can fix Outlook problems such as Outlook not responding after Windows 10 update, Microsoft Outlook has stopped working Windows 10, Outlook 2016 freezes when receiving email etc.
Troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook Not Opening
When two or more Windows applications are looking for the same resources then in such cases deadlock conditions occur and force one of the applications to pop up “not responding message”. But, most of the time users try to close the application using task manager or restart the complete system. It very frustrating if important working is carried on and the user is able to end the task or reboot system.
Quick Read: How to Fix Exchange Server Dirty Shutdown Error?
User Scenario to Deeply Analysis
Assume that you are doing some important task of organization and you have just sent mail to your senior for quick analysis of your task. You are awaiting the response When Outlook starts the send/receive operation. In-spite of having the successful message, the complete process gets stuck & you are unable to perform any operation on Outlook. The same message Microsoft Outlook has stopped working 2016 windows 10 constantly when you tried to click anywhere on Outlook Window.
Why Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Responding Error Occurs?
There are several reasons for the Outlook not responding error. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The Microsoft Outlook is Outdated
- Multiple Process uses Outlook at the same time
- The Outlook add-ons conflict
- Large Mailbox size
- Outlook Application get infected with virus or malicious software
- Corrupt or Outlook data files
- Corrupt Outlook Profile
Now, in the next section, we are going to discuss the manual method that helps you to make your task easy. How? Let us take a look at its working process!
How to Fix Outlook Not Responding Error? – Manually
Follow below mentioned solution to fix Microsoft Outlook not responding in safe mode or Outlook has stopped working 2016.
1. End Outlook.exe task
If the Outlook Email application is constantly used by many processes simultaneously then you need to kill the process which consumes more resources or hangs Outlook.
- Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + ALT + Del or Right click on taskbar
- Choose start Task Manager Option
- Go to Process tab
- Select Outlook.exe by clicking on it
- Hit the “End Process” button.
2. Open Outlook in Safe Mode
Then, Open Outlook in safe mode will let you start Outlook without any add-ins and customization files. Below are steps to open Outlook in safe mode:
- Press Window Key + R simultaneously to open run command
- Type CMD in run command
- Command Prompt open up
- Type outlook.exe/safe and then click yes to confirm
3. Disable Outlook Add-ins
For the first time if you are stuck by Outlook not responding to errors then switch off all recently installed add-ins or extensions. The steps to turned it off is different for all versions.
For Outlook 2007
- Go to Tools Menu
- Click on Trust Center and then choose Add-ins
- Click Go to proceed
For Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 follow Below Mentioned Steps
- Go to the file tab
- Click Options
- Choose Add-Ins
- Click Go and the uncheck all add-ins
4. Close All Current Programs or Application
Outlook is a very large and complex application, it requires more resources for smooth conductance of operations. If Outlook not get enough resources then it gets stuck again. Thus caused Outlook not responding in 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
5. Repair Outlook Data Files
Use an inbox repair tool to fix all problems in Outlook data files. Steps to Fix Outlook issues with scanpst.exe are given below:
- Close Application first
- Go to C:/Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE16 Folder if you are using Outlook 2016
- C:/Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE15 for Outlook 2013
- C:/Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14 For Outlook 2010
6. Reduce Size of Outlook Mailbox
But in case it seen that heavy mailbox size causes Outlook unresponsive.There are multiple ways to reduce size of Outlook Mailbox
- Creating Multiple folder to store data in hierarchical manner
- Compact Outlook Data file
- Go to File Tab and then in info Account Settings >> Data Files Tab
- Click Settings >> General Tab >> Click Compact Now
7. Disable Antivirus Software
In some cases, it has seen that Antivirus software are the one of the major reasons for Outlook issues. Then programs conflict with Outlook and prevent them from functioning properly.
8. Repair Office Program
- Automatically repair Office programs files to fix Outlook not responding error
- Close all Office application
- Then open Control Panel and Open Add or Remove Programs
- Right Click on it and choose Repair
- Click Continue Button.
Note: After processing the above method if you feel that your PST file corrupted error is not solved. Then don’t worry! You can easily go with this Revove Outlook Data File Repair Tool. This software is quick and effective in solving the problem of Microsoft Outlook has stopped working in 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007.
Moreover, this utility is suitable for all kinds of corruption errors. Also, the technical and non-technical users can easily access this automated tool without facing any trouble. After that, Download the above tool to overcome with all these types of errors.
Bringing It Altogether
Since, we have discussed the complete reasons “why fix Microsoft Outlook Not Responding error” occurs constantly. Then, follow the above tricks and are facing the same problem then Outlook data files have issues. Therefore, you get a manual method that provides a solution to solve this Outlook not responding error. But, if you cannot get any right way from this method. So, read the above post to learn an automated tool for a hassle-free solution.