How to Download and Export Emails from Outlook Web App (OWA) to PST
Hello everyone! Due to the unavailability of a dedicated backup solution in Office 365, people often ask – how do I export emails from Outlook Web Access to my desktop? It turns out to be quite a simple task with an automated software named as Office 365 Backup & Restore, which is really quick and safe utility. Read this tutorial to know the comprehensive step-by-step process to know how to export emails from OWA to PST data to local Windows system.
Complete Guide to Download Emails from Outlook Web App
It is true that Microsoft provides no direct approach in O365 that can export emails from Outlook Web App to PST on desktop. In such a situation, you can take the help of reliable and highly efficient SysTools Office 365 Backup & Restore Software.
A simplified way for cloud-to-local backup in the least amount of time. It backs up Outlook 365 emails files into PST or EML file formats at any desired location on the local system. Adding to it, the tool gives you flexibility to restore the emails, contacts, calendar entries, journal, and task from a local .pst file to Office 365 account despite any subscription plan.
Steps to Export Emails from OWA to PST with Office 365 Backup Tool
Now, let’s understand how the tool takes backup of Outlook 365 Inbox mails, including other folders along with pictorial representation.
Here is the trial version of the software:
Step 1: Install & Open Software
- First of all, you have to install Office 365 Backup software. Download either demo or licensed version of tool. However, you can save only 100 Outlook 365 messages and 25 other data components locally.
- After the successful installation of tool, open it. On the welcome screen, there is a Login option. You need to click on Login button to continue the process.
- Now, enter the credentials of either O365 administrator (to backup multiple mailboxes) or the end-user. If you login as an administrator, then always check the box of Application Impersonation. Afterwards, click on Sign in button.
- The two options displayed on software interface i.e., Office 365 Backup & Office 365 Restore. Here, we are going to take backup of Outlook 365 emails, so, go with Office 365 Backup option.
Step 2: Select the Mailbox(es) for Backup
- If you login as an O365 end-user, then exclusively the primary mailbox associated with your mailbox will be shown on the tool dashboard. Here, you can select mail folder(s) whose data you want to save on the local system.
- If you login as Office 365 administrator, then you need to upload a CSV file that consists information of all the users whose emails are going for backup process. For this, you need to click on Browse and add a CSV file. In case, if you do not want to save the messages of all added users, then you can choose the desired location by checking its corresponding checkbox.
Step 3: Select On-premise Location
In the next step to export emails from OWA to PST, opt for a location on Windows system to save the resultant Outlook 365 email backup file. To do this, click on Browse to open its panel. In case, if you want to make a new folder, then click on Make New Folder and create a new one. Else, select an already existing folder and click OK.
Step 4: Open Export Wizard
Once you are done with the above step, click on Export to open its dashboard. Now, you need to opt for email format i.e., PST or EML. To backup Outlook 365 emails along with contacts and calendar, then opt for PST file. EML is basically to save emails of Office 365 only.
There is an option of Naming Convention that only enables when you opt for EML format. Its prime aim is to manage the emails with a unique name. So, after backup, one can easily identify the message.
Apart from this, you can use Date Filter to download emails from Outlook Web App of a particular timeline. You only need to enter time in From & To box. Once you select each option, then click on Start.
Step 5: Real Time Status of Backup Process
As soon as you click on Start button, a new panel open on the software interface. Here, you can view and analyze the following things.
- User ID
- Mails Count
- Calendar Count
- Contact Count
- Process Status
- Destination Folder Path
If there is an emergency, then you can also hold the ongoing Outlook 365 email backup process using Pause button. After that, easily resume it from the point where it was paused.
After reading this article, the users who have the question that how to export emails from Microsoft Outlook Web Access can get the answer. Here, we have discussed a simplified path that can easily export emails from OWA to PST or EML format. So, use the expert recommended workaround and download emails from Office Outlook Web App without any data loss.