How to Convert PST to Yahoo Mail? Converting Multiple PST Contacts to Yahoo
Summary: If you want to learn how to convert PST to Yahoo mail and move the contacts from PST to Yahoo, then you must continue with this article as we discuss this procedure in detail.
A PST file is an Outlook data file that is capable of storing all data items. In this article, we shall focus on PST contacts and learn how you can move them to Yahoo. It is a necessity to have email services that can manage your data well. Therefore, it is common to see users moving from one platform to another.
While moving PST to Yahoo mail, users must know that Yahoo does not support a PST file. The PST file type is proprietary of Microsoft and is also called Outlook data file. Yahoo, on the other hand, supports a CSV file for saving the contacts. Yahoo mail is a free service provider that many people prefer using. So, we shall discuss the solution to the problem that can help you convert the files.
How to Convert PST to Yahoo Mail?
The SysTools vCard Export is a direct solution to this query. It offers the option to produce a Yahoo CSV file that has all of the fields mapped automatically. When you add the source Outlook contacts in it, you just have to choose Yahoo CSV as your export option and this tool will produce a file that will be compatible with Yahoo mail.
Features of the tool:
- Convert multiple PST contacts to Yahoo mail.
- Preserves all fields, attributes, data integrity.
- Compatible with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Automatically matches the fields of the contacts
- Easy to use interface and supports many platforms
- Does not require MS Outlook installation
- Supports corrupt and orphaned PST contacts
Steps for Converting PST Contacts to Yahoo Mail
- Download the software on your system and launch it.
- Click on Add file button to browse and load the contacts
- The tool will scan the files for any corruption
- Preview the content of the files along with fields
- In the next screen, choose Yahoo CSV as the export option.
- Browse a location to save the resultant.
- Hit the Export button.
- Now, add it into Yahoo but launching the platform.
- Click on Contacts > Import > OK.
Manually Convert Contacts from PST to Yahoo
The manual method is simple but has certain limitations. Outlook also produces a CSV file that contains contacts that you can use to add to Yahoo. But, if you have a PST file, you cannot apply this method. Also, you will be required to manually map the contact fields which is a lengthy process.
However, if you have the required conditions fulfilled, you can perform the following steps:
- Launch Outlook & go to the File menu.
- Here, tap on the Import and Export Wizard.
- Select “Export to a File Option”, then choose Next.
- Then, choose “Comma Separated Values” & hit Next.
- Give a folder to temporarily save the resultant files.
- Click on Finish to continue.
- Launch Yahoo mail with credentials & navigate to the contacts option.
- Tap on the “Import” option and then click on “OK”.
Related: Backup Outlook Contacts on iPhone
In this article, we have discussed how you can convert PST to Yahoo Mail. Users can choose to go with any of the methods mentioned above. However, since the manual method has many limitations linked to it, professionals often prefer going with the automated utility as they guarantee the safety of your data as well as accurate results.