How to Create PST File in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007?
Quick Steps to Build PST File in Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is a popular desktop-based email client that stores all its data in PST file format. Outlook PST file size limit is fixed to a certain range. Often Outlook data exceeds PST file size limit and Outlook starts to malfunction. For this reason, necessity to create new PST file arises. Many Outlook users cannot create new Outlook PST file. For their benefit, we will discuss reasons and techniques to create new Outlook PST file. Let us start by reading a PST file related query by a user.
“For last few days, MS Outlook of my PC has not been functioning properly. I could not find any possible reason for such malfunction. When I showed this to my elder sister. She confirmed that my PST file is almost full and this is causing the problem. She suggested making a new PST file to resolve the problems. Now my problem is I do not know how to make a new PST file, and neither does my sister. I am looking for a reliable solution to this annoying problem. Please help.“
Reasons for Creating New Outlook PST File
Users want to create new PST files in their system for a number of reasons,. Some of the reasons for creating a new PST file are:
- Avoid PST File Size Limit Exceed: PST files can store a particular amount of data in every PST file. PST file size ranges from 2 GB to 50 GB depending on Outlook versions. Oversized PST files lead to various complications in system. To avoid these problems, users can create new PST files.
- Resolve Space Shortage Issues: Large PST files often cause space shortage in system drives. In that case, users can make a new PST file on a different disk. Thus, they can keep both the PST files on different drives and avoid storage space shortage problem.
- Folder-wise Outlook Data Sorting: Sometimes, Outlook users want to sort their data folder wise for searching purposes. This makes searching for Outlook data from PST files easy. To avail this convenience, creating new Outlook PST files in the system is a useful option.
Techniques to Create a New PST File in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
For these reasons, users come up with the need to create new PST file in Windows. Methods of making new PST files vary depending on the versions of Outlook. This part will let users know how to create a PST file step by step. Users are advised to follow the procedure according to their Outlook version.
Quick Guide to Create PST File in Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016 Versions
Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 users should follow these steps to create new outlook data PST file in their system.
- Launch Outlook 2016/ 2013/ 2010 version in your system.
- From Home tab, click New Items. From the list of options click on More Items. Now, click Outlook Data Files.
- A dialog box named Create or Open Outlook Data File will appear on your screen. Default location for your new PST file will be My Documents » Outlook Files. You can also change that location as per your wish. Put any name for new PST file and Click OK.
- A new PST file has been created. Its name will be visible in Outlook data file pane.
Methods to Build PST File in Outlook 2007
If you are an Outlook 2007 user, follow below steps to make a new PST file.
- First of all, open Outlook 2007 in your Windows system.
- Click on File menu. Now, hover to option New. From the list of options, click Outlook Data File.
- New Outlook Data File dialog box will appear now. Select Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) as types of storage and click OK to proceed.
- In the next window, write a name for new PST file in ‘File name’ box and hit OK.
- A new PST file for Outlook 2007 has been created in your system. To know new outlook pst file location, check the path shown in ‘Create or Open Outlook Data File’ window.
Oversized PST files can cause a lot of problems including data loss, data corruption, and Outlook malfunction. To avoid these, experts suggest creating a new PST file in Windows. Many users do not know the techniques to create a new PST file. As a result, oversized PST file related problems continue to exist. In the above discussion, techniques of new PST file creation have been explained in detail. This will be helpful for anyone who is looking for an easy method to make new MS Outlook PST file.