Best G Suite Email Migration Tool | G Suite Admin Guide
Are you looking for methods to migrate your G Suite account data? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this blog, we will explain to you the best G Suite Email Migration tool and how to use them.
It includes basic knowledge for the working of Google’s migration tool to migrate your G Suite emails and professional tool for easy migration.
“Recently, My manager assigned me the task to migrate emails for leaving employees to a different email account. When I started the task, there was too much data in a single account. I thought that I can just forward each email, but it’s not manually possible. Is there any simple trick using which I can migrate email from G Suite account to different G Suite account?”
Migration task was never been easy, many organization faces huge trouble when they have to manually transfer the emails of leaving employees. So, read the methods below carefully to understand the migration task.
Note: Before beginning with the migration process make sure that the destination G Suite account is already created.
Migrate G Suite Email Using Google’s Migration Tool
After seeing it’s users troubling with the migration of G Suite emails, Google created its own migration tool, i.e., Google’s Data Migration Tool. This tool helps users to migrate all user’s accounts from one G Suite account to another. Follow the below steps to understand the working of this G Suite email migration tool:
1. Go to G Suite Admin Console and login with Admin credentials.
2. Now from the Admin Home, choose the Data Migration tab from the page.
3. Choose the “Email” option from “What you want to Migrate” and click on Continue.
4. In the next window, from Migration Source drop-down, select “G Suite” option.
5. Now choose the Connection Protocol as “Auto Select (Recommended)” and enter the Source Admin credentials in Role Account >> Click on Connect Button.
6. Now for the Filtering, the emails, choose “Migration Start Date” (It will only migrate emails from the start date to till the date of migration). Additionally, if you like to migrate deleted or Junk emails, select the option (Optional)
7. Now, click on the Select user button and then choose for Single user or Multiple users.
8. For Single users email migration, follow the below steps:
- Enter the Source account credentials in Migrate From menu.
- Choose the destination account from Migrate To drop-down menu.
- Click on Start Button
9. For migration of Multiple users, follow the below steps:
- Create a CSV File without header containing destination id, source id, source password.
- Click on the Attach File option, to Add CSV file.
- Click on the ‘Upload and Start Migration’ button to begin the process.
10. Now, the migration process will start and you can see it in the Admin Console.
Note: The migration process will take hours or days depending upon the size of data migrating. After completion, check your migrated emails in the destination account.
Limitations of Google’s Method
- Cannot migrate emails, contacts, calendars simultaneously
- Requires Exchange server for contacts and calendar migration
- No option to migrate Google Drive data from one account to another
- No Incremental migration feature to skip already migrate emails
- Cannot migrate data of a certain date range.
- The complex process to choose the source and destination user account.
- Requires password of each Source User account
The Problem’s with Google’s Data Migration Tool
If you need to migrate single user emails, then the above migration tool is good. But, in the case of multiple user migration, the tool doesn’t perform well. It can take days, for single-user data migration. Additionally, most of the organizations need to hire a professional G Suite Administrator, if they need to migrate to a different domain or different cloud platform.
Instead of hiring you can use the best G Suite Email Migration tool that would remove the trouble of hiring a separate employee for the management.
Professional Solution to Migrate Complete G Suite Account Data
The best thing about the professional tools is that they take the burden of complexity during the migration on itself and provides 100 % migration success. Additionally, users can migrate emails, contacts, calendars, documents data from one G Suite account to another account or domain. In just a few clicks, the migration task can be completed.
G Suite Migration Tool Purchase Now
Advantages of G Suite Email Migration Tool
G Suite migration software provides a wide range of features and filter for the easy migration process, such as:
- Migrate complete G Suite account data between same or different domains
- No limitation of the size of data that can be migrates
- Transfer emails, contacts, calendars, and even Google drive data simultaneously
- Incremental migration feature to skip already migrate data.
- Category and Date Filter option for selective data migration
- Multiple options for mapping source and destination user Id.
- Automatically creates a list of users of source and destination accounts
- Generates a detailed report after the completion of the migration
Steps For Using G Suite Email Migration Tool
1. Download and Launch the Migration Tool and Choose the Migration Options
2. Now, Go to Settings and enter Service Client Id and P12 file path of Source and destination accounts >> Save. (If source and destination domain are same, then also create a project for each)
3. Now, Enter the Source G Suite Admin credentials and Authenticate.
4. Enter the Destination G Suite Admin credentials and Authenticate.
5. Now, select the Category for the migration and Apply Date filter for each selected category of data.
6. From Destination mailbox mapping pop-up, choose the option for source and destination user Id mapping >> Next.
7. Now, the tool will take a minute to automatically map the users according to the option you have selected. Then, choose the user account from the list and Apply Priority (optional)
8. Click on Start button to begin the migration process.
9. During the migration, you can view the migration of each user account in List as well as Tile View.
10. After completion, click on the Save Report button, and generate the migration report.
Read More: Know How to Migrate G Suite to Office 365?
This Guide is for the G Suite Admin or users to understand the G Suite Email Migration tools and their working. The methods of migration manually are quite simple if you have in-depth knowledge. But, if you are new to G Suite or migrating to different cloud platform it’s better to use a professional tool. Try the free demo version of the tool first and migrate two user account data without any limitation.