Quickly How to Migrate G Suite to Office 365 Step-by-Step | 2 Methods
Are you searching how to migrate G Suite to Office 365 platform? Well, there are a bunch of ways available to move G Suite data to Office 365 account. Don’t worry we will help you to find out the best solution as per your requirements in the below section.
“I have been using G Suite for 5 years in my company. At the same time, I also own another account in Office 365, which is used for both personal and business purposes. In order to ease my work, I need to migrate my data from Google Apps to Office 365 suite. So, please suggest me the best method to do so. Thanks in advance!”
There are many users have a similar query just like the above scenario. Each and every one of them searching for a better way to perform G Suite mailboxes to Office 365 migration. This is because Office 365 offers various services and one can easily access his/ her data anywhere at any time.
So let’s get started!
A Step-by-Step Guide For G Suite Migration
Normally each problem has a minimum of two solutions. Likewise for this scenario also has 2 methods. One is the most time consuming, a little bit risky manual method. And the second method is a fast and reliable automated tool based solution. You can opt any of the following methods according to your convenience:
#1 Alternate Approach to Migrate G Suite to Office 365
In case if the steps are performed incorrectly, then it can cause data loss. Thus, it is highly recommended to opt for an instant solution, i.e., Google Apps to Office 365 Migration Tool. It is the perfect tool that helps to migrate Google mailbox to Office 365 account in just a few clicks.
You can perform single user account as well as Domain user data to Office 365 with this utility. The tool is faster and ensures the complete safety of your data.
You can find the free version of the software here:
G Suite to Office 365 Migration in Step by Step
Step1: Download & install the G Suite to Office 365 migration software
Step2: Authenticate the admin users
Step3: Select the data items which need to migrate & apply the date filter
Step4: Choose the destination mailbox address for user mapping
Step5: Select users who need to migrate from the user list & provide priority
Step6: Click on the Start button to migrate G Suite to Office 365
#2 Manual Method to Migrate G Suite Mailboxes to Office 365
Manual methods are the most commonly opting method by users. The main reason for this is manual methods are free of cost. But at the same time, it is better to keep in mind that there are high chances of data loss also. Any way follow these 6 steps to manually transfer Google mailbox data into Office 365 account.
Step 1: Domain Verification
Initially, you must have to verify to Office 365 that you own a domain used for G Suite accounts.
Step 2: Create and Add Users to Office 365
you can either add single or multiple users to MS Office 365 as per their requirements.
- From the Admin Center, you can choose Users >> Active Users. Then, go to More option and select Import Multiple Users
- For Single User, go to Add a User option and enter the values manually. For multiple users, click on Import Multiple Users options to download the excel sheet and use it as a reference to add a user
- After arranging the Excel sheet, you need to click Browse button under Create and Upload File screen
- At the end, click on the Verify option. After getting a confirmation message, press Next button
Step 3: Create a Migration List that Contains Gmail Mailbox
When creating the export file, make sure you know the password of Gmail mailboxes that you want to export. The temporary passwords are assigned to each mailbox at the time of migration. You must be an admin of G Suite to reset the password that assigned to each mailbox. Also, during the G Suite to Office 365 migration, you can transfer mailboxes as bulk.
- Now, login to G Suite admin console using the administrator credentials, i.e., username and password.
- Select Users and, then choose the list of users from the Google admin center.
- Choose users to identify their email address and note down it.
Then, sign in to Office 365 Admin Center and select Users>> Active Users.
- After that, you can start to create Excel and then, enter the credentials like email address, username, and password for each mailbox you need to migrate (enter a single mailbox per row)
- Save it as CSV format and close MS Excel
Step 4: Create Migration Endpoint with Gmail IMAP
To migrate G Suite to Office 365 successfully, Office 365 requires to connect and communicate with G Suite. For this, Office 365 will use the migration endpoint.
- Open the Exchange Admin Center, go to Recipients >> Migration >> More >> Migration Endpoints
- Then, click on New+ option to create the new migration endpoint
- Select IMAP under the Select migration endpoint type page
- On the IMAP migration configuration page, you need to set IMAP server to imap.gmail.com and keep all the default settings same.
- Click Next button. Next, the migration service will use settings to check the connection to the Gmail system. Now, the Enter General Information page appears if the connection works
- Under the Enter General Information page, enter the name of migration endpoint. Leave the 2 boxes blank to use default values and click New to make the migration endpoint
Step 5: Move Google Apps to Office 365 by Creating the Migration Batch
- In the Office 365 Admin Center, select Admin Centers and Exchange option
- Under the Exchange Admin Center, click on Recipients >> Migration
- Now, go to New (+) option and choose Migrate to Exchange Online
- Select IMAP migration and press Next button
- In Select the user’s screen, you need to click on Browse
- Select CSV file that created previously and press Next
- After validation, O365 will show the Gmail mailboxes and click Next
- You should continue with default values on IMAP migration configuration window and click Next button
- On Move configuration page, type the name of migration batch inside the box. Additionally, you must provide folder names which you need to exclude. Click Add(+) icon and insert them to the exclude list
- Lastly, on the Start the Batch page, you need to provide all the required details and start the migration process
Step 6: Update DNS Records to Directly Migrate G Suite to Office 365
- From Admin Center, you need to click on Settings
- Then, choose Domains >> select your domain name. Now, it will show ‘Setup in Progress’
- After that, you can view the Setup Completed notification
On The Final Note
Many companies want to G suite to O365 account as Office 365 provides fast performance, better management, and security options. Thus, in this blog, we have explained how to migrate G Suite to Office 365 through the step by step manual procedure to perform data migration. Along with this, we also described a simple and reliable solution to perform G Suite to Office 365 mailbox migration. Users can also rely on the provided approach because it is recommended by a technical expert from all over the world.