Sync G Suite Contacts with Outlook – 2 Top Methods to Sync Contacts
Summary: Sync G Suite contacts with Outlook email client following the tips mentioned in this article.
G Suite (earlier known as Google Apps) is well-known for its brilliant cloud-based service provided to the users. It is a collection of cloud-computing products that let the users work on the cloud directly and save the data on servers. It makes it easy for users to access their data from anywhere without needing to maintain hardware.
G Suite, now been renamed as Google Workspace, consists of Gmail, contacts, chat, calendar, and Meet for communication. This package also maintains your contact list and syncs it across all Google-related products. In this article, we shall explain how you can migrate contacts across these platforms.
How to Sync G Suite Contacts With Outlook?
You can export contacts from G Suite in formats like CSV and vCard. Both of these file types are accepted by MS Outlook. Use the following methods to export contacts from G Suite.
- Log into your G Suite account.
- Go to contacts(.)google(.)com.
- In the left panel, click on Export.
- Choose the contacts to sync with Outlook.
- Now, choose either CSV or vCard format.
- Click on Export and save them.
We often encounter user queries where they describe that they have their contacts in vCard format from the G Suite account. In such a scenario, Outlook provides the option to import vCard into it but limits the quantity to only one. So, we are supposed to convert the G Suite contacts into an Outlook data file. Follow the below-given steps to know how to do it.
Guide to Sync G Suite Contacts with Outlook
- Download the SysTools vCard Importer software on your system and click on Add Files to browse and load vCard contacts in it.
2. Now, preview their details and all fields. You can also choose the required contacts to selectively export them.
3. In the next screen, choose the destination: existing file, new Outlook file to default Outlook profile. After you provide the destination, hit the Export button.
You can use the inbuilt Import/Export wizard to import the thus created contact file.
If you chose the CSV option while exporting files from G Suite, you must use the Import/Export wizard here as well to import contacts. Here is a well-described way that you can use to sync G Suite contacts with Outlook.
Import CSV to MS Outlook
- Launch Outlook & select the Contacts icon from the left bottom.
- Click on File > Open & Export > Import from another program or file
- Choose Comma Separated Values and then choose Next.
- In the next screen, browse the contact file and click on Next.
- Now, choose the Contacts folder to import files into > Next.
- Map the custom fields and hit the Finish button.
Related: Export All Contacts from Outlook 2013 as vCard
In this article, we have learned how to sync G Suite contacts with Outlook. Users can use the methods mentioned above to import contacts from G Suite to almost all Outlook versions. Now, you no longer have to worry about how to migrate G Suite contacts to Outlook.