How to Fix SQL Server Database Error 7929? – Effective Way
Microsoft SQL Server is one of the best relational database management software. It is mainly used for the purpose of storing and retrieving data as required by other applications. SQL Server can be used in both media either with GUI or with Command based software. Apart from world-class functionality, SQL Server also gets affected due to damage or corruption of the database.
As a result, users are easily able to access the data stored within it. When the SQL database gets severely affected then, it leads to SQL Server Database Error 7929. This complete article is dedicated to SQL Server database error 7929 and its effective solution or quick fixes.
Let us understand the easiest & simplest solution to fix the SQL Server Database error without facing any trouble.
Complete Description of SQL Server Error 7929
SQL server is mainly used for the purpose of storing and retrieving data as required by other applications. Sometimes when users are unable to access a few tables or complete tables in the SQL Server database. But when they execute the DBCC CHECKDB command with and without TABLOCK to know the exact cause, they encounter SQL Server database error 7929.
The Complete Message Looks like as shown
Msg 7929, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Check Statement aborted. Database contains deferred transactions
What Does Deferred Transaction Mean in SQL Server?
A deferred transaction is a transaction that remains uncommitted when the roll forward phase is completed and that has encountered an error. This prevents the transaction from being rolled back. If the transaction is unable to roll back then it is said to be deferred. The SQL transactions mainly deferred in SQL Server enterprise edition.
While in the other editions of SQL server, a corrupted transaction causes startup error. The main cause of the deferred transaction, When the database was being rolled forward, an I/O error prevented reading a page that was required by the transaction. A deferred transaction that can also occur when a partial restore sequence stops at a point at which transaction rollback is necessary and a transaction requires data that is offline.
Note: In some cases, if your SQL Database is inaccessible and the users want a quick solution to recover SQL database objects then you need to take help from SQL Database Recovery Software that can easily resolve all the issues. And, to know more information about it download and try a demo version of this utility.
Tested Solution to Move Transaction Out of Deferred State
When the transaction that causes deferred state moves out then SQL Server database error 7929 automatically fixes up. For this database must start cleanly without any Input/Output Error (I/O). The main cause of the SQL Server Error 7929 is the deferred transaction.
Quick Manual Solution to Fix SQL Error 7929
The Complete solution are listed in the order in which they must be employed to fix SQL Server Database Error 7929
1. Reboot the SQL Server, if the problem is temporary then it gets automatically fixed on rebooting SQL server without any deferred transaction.
2. If the transaction were deferred due to an offline filegroup. You need to bring back the filegroup in an active or online state. For this, you will have to use the below command
RESTORE DATABASE database_name FILEGROUP=<filegroup_name>
3. Restore the database from recent online backup. By restoring the database if any deferred transaction is there then it will automatically get resolved. If the deferred transactions were caused by some corrupt pages then an online page restore may resolve the error.
4. If the filegroup is in the offline state and causes the deferred transaction then defunct the offline group. When the filegroup defunct, the transactions related to this filegroup cause the deferred transaction to be resolved automatically.
5. If any of the bad page in database causes the transaction to deferred and there is no availability of recent online backup then you have to follow given steps
Set the status of the database into emergency mode by using the following command
ALTER DATABASE <database_name> SET EMERGENCY
After setting the mode of the database to emergency mode the try to repair the database using the command DBCC REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS option in one of the following DBCC statements: DBCC CHECKDB, DBCC CHECKALLOC, or DBCC CHECKTABLE.
Some Important points to remember when Manual Solution to Fix SQL Server database Error 7929
- If you defunct the offline filegroup then it cannot be recovered again.
- When the user is trying to repair the database through the mentioned commands in solution. The commands deallocate all the corrupt pages from the database to bring back the database into the consistent state. However, in trying such results may result in loss of crucial data. Therefore, it is recommended that this approach must be used as the last option to fix SQL Server database error 7929.
The manual methods are available for solving SQL error 7929 are technically sound and perfect. But sometimes the SQL server user is not technically fit to handle the manual methods effectively. If any of the steps are skipped or executed in an abnormal manner. Then, it subsequently leads to faults in SQL database files and the final result will be a loss of crucial data.
On the other hand, if you do not want to take the risk with data then move forward to the professional solution to easily solve queries related to SQL server database files. SQL MDF Recovery Tool is the great tool to finish the task of SQL related problems. It speedily manages and tackles SQL database issues.