How to Remove or Bypass Permissions on PDF Files
PDF files are popular for the security measures they offer. Permissions and passwords are the parts of the security measures. With a password (also known as an admin password), PDF files are protected from unauthorized access. With permissions, certain actions like copying, printing, editing, and commenting in PDF are controlled. PDF file users often find themselves in an awkward position when they are in dire need to open, copy, or print PDF files but do not know the passwords. To fix this problem, we will discuss the ideal way to bypass PDF permissions.
Contents of the Article:
Scenario 1: “A few days back I came across some important document files & all are in PDF file format. I want to print the PDF files for reading purposes since I am not comfortable reading PDF files by looking at the computer screen. But the problem is whenever I try to print those files using Adobe Acrobat Pro, they ask for the permission password. As you can understand from the situation, it is not feasible to retrieve the passwords. Tell me how to bypass permissions on secured PDF files?”
Scenario 2: “Because of my professional interest, I have to deal with a large number of Adobe PDF documents every day. Often my boss asks me to bypass permissions on PDF files and remove them from secured files. Since I am new in this field, I do not know much about permissions. Please enlighten me about how to remove all permissions from PDF without password.”
Why Do People Need to Access Restricted PDF?
Permissions are used for the security of the PDF file. But to completely utilize the benefit of a PDF file, users need to get rid of all types of permissions. Often PDF files get circulated among various people and the creator of the PDF file is not available to give the password. In such cases, it becomes imperative to bypass PDF permissions without password.
Professional Utility to Bypass PDF Permissions without Password
If you are looking for a simple and safe solution to remove permissions from secured PDF files, then I would suggest using PDF Restriction Remover Tool. This application easily bypasses PDF file permissions that can be set on a PDF file. This application does not even require Adobe Acrobat installation or any sort of password to do so.
By following these steps a user can easily bypass permissions on PDF files:
- Launch the software and click on Unlock.
- Click Browse to add one or more restricted PDF files.
- Also, choose the destination folder for saving the files.
- Click on the Unlock PDF button to remove the permissions.
Now, users can open the PDF files saved in the new location and perform any restricted actions like copying, extracting, printing, editing, and commenting without any trouble.
Note: To remove document open passwords from PDF documents (user-level), users need to provide the password.
Adobe Acrobat Pro to Remove PDF Permissions (Requires Password)
Using Adobe Acrobat Pro is a common task for users who need to edit or change a PDF file but are restricted by the permissions set by the document’s creator. It’s important to note that you’ll need the permissions password to remove these permissions.
Steps to Bypass PDF Permissions:
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro on your computer.
- Click on File >> Open and open the PDF file.
- Once the document is open, go to File >> Properties.
- In the Security tab, you will see the current security method (e.g., Password Security).
- In the security settings dialog, you can change the restrictions. To remove them entirely, you need to set the Security Method to No Security.
- Enter the permissions password if prompted.
- Click OK to apply the new security settings.
- Save the document to create an unrestricted version of the PDF.
Note: If you want to protect your PDFs, you have to check out PDF Locker Software which can safeguard your files with its robust security measures. Plus, its user interface makes it easy to use, letting you control who can access your files. It works with any Windows OS system, keeping your information secure across devices.
Comparing the Two Methods
The software not only removes permissions from PDF files without a password but, it has some advantages over other available methods. Here are the reasons why you should choose this application over other techniques and tools.
- No Need for Permissions Password: Other tools will prompt you to enter a password to bypass PDF Permissions. But, this program will remove them all without permission password.
- One-time Purchase Fee: Adobe will charge you with a monthly subscription fee to let you continue using their service. But, this software is only purchased for a small one-time fee.
- Bulk PDF Processing: With the help of this software, users can process PDF files in batches. This facility is often not provided by alternative programs.
In this blog, we have thoroughly discussed the topic of permissions in PDF files and the issues users may face regarding them. Here, we have also mentioned ways to bypass PDF permissions password. The professional utility is an effective tool that will surely give users the best result. Moreover, this utility is completely free from viruses and malware so there is no risk of infection or corruption. It is one of the most effective utilities to remove permissions from PDF files.