How to Import OST to Outlook? Simplified with Easy Steps
Summary: In this write-up, we have provided a detailed approach explaining how to import OST to Outlook with the best manual ways and an automatic solution, reasons for doing so and possible problems people may face importing OST file into Outlook. Start reading without wasting your time and learn to export OST into Outlook account effortlessly.
Table of Content
- Instant Way to Import OST to Outlook in Bulk:
- Brief of OST and Outlook
- Reasons to Export OST to Outlook
- Method 1: Export OST to Outlook Using Outlook’s Import/Export Feature
- Method 2: Automated Solution to Export OST to Outlook
Instant Way to Import OST to Outlook in Bulk:
- Start tool to quickly import file into Outlook.
- Select or search OST file.
- Check the files you want to import.
- Select PST in Export type option.
- Click export button to export OST to Outlook
Brief of OST and Outlook
Offline file format, OST, which is a synchronized copy of your mailbox data stored on your computer drive. For instance, it provides users with an opportunity to read their mails, calendar entries, as well as contact even when they lack connection to Exchange Server. In contrast, Outlook is an e-mail client from Microsoft with some great functions of email handling including sending, receiving and scheduling appointments and personal contact management.
Reasons to Import OST to Outlook
- Importing the OST files into Outlook is useful for restoring the vital information if the original mailbox becomes unusable as a result of server problems, unintentional removal, or system breakdown.
- Transition is seamless when you export OST into Outlook and no data will be lOST when one switches to a new computer or a new email client.
- It is possible to use mailbox data even offline because there is synchronization with the files of OST.
- Importing OST files into Outlook is a great way of making copies or creating a backup/archive of your mailbox information that may be useful in the future.
Method 1: Import OST to Outlook Using Outlook’s Import/Export Feature
Outlook has inbuilt utilities for migrating Outlook messages, items, tasks , notes etc from one system to another. To import your OST file into Outlook using this method, follow the given steps below:
- Open Outlook and choose “File”.
- Then, choose “Open & Export” option followed by clicking “Import/Export.”
- Select “export to a file” and click “next”.
- Choose “Outlook Data File (.PST)” and click on “Next”.
- Select files for the conversion in PST format and click the “next” option.
- Go to select the destination path to save, convert exchange OST file then choose duplication items options and finish.
You may implement this manual approach in order to import OST to Outlook; simply make sure that the OST file is linked to an Exchange Server first. However, this manual way to export OST into Outlook is user-friendly but have some drawbacks, so users also pay attention to other methods.
Limitations of the Manual Method:
- Manual method cannot simultaneously import different OST files inside a single Outlook PST, which might cause inefficiency with subsequent data loss.
- Processing of OST files through a manual import into Outlook is quite long and takes a lot of time, especially when you are working with large files.
- This procedure do not import orphaned OST files, which are not associated with any Exchange Server.
Such difficulties point out the need for the alternative options when handling rather complicated or big migrations of OST files that is a key.
Method 2: Automated Solution to Import OST to Outlook
To overcome the challenges associated with the manual method, automated solutions provide a more efficient and reliable way to export OST files into Outlook. Revove OST to PST Converter is available that simplify the process. This is most advanced software that effortlessly helps yo import multiple OST files in your Outlook account at once. Using this tool you can save your a lot time. So why to use lengthy and risky procedures when you have professional and secure solution.
How to Import OST Files into Outlook using Tool?
- Download and Install the software to import OST to Outlook in bulk.
- Just after you open the software, it will automatically show all the steps you need to follow in an easy way.
- Click on “add file” in the left hand corner.
- On the next screen, you can either choose select file or search file, as per your convenience.
- Click on Add button, and you OST files will be added into the software.
- Now go to export option and export type as PST.
- Browse the location where you want to save the result then finally click Export button.
- Using just a few easy steps mentioned above, you can easily export OST into Outlook.
Features of the Tool
The software offers a wide range of features that you can use just by downloading it on your computer. Here are a few of them mentioned below:
- This tool can import large OST files quickly, saving your time.
- It guarantees data integrity and minimize the risk of data loss or corruption.
- It offers a user-friendly interface, making it easy even for those with limited technical expertise.
- Choose the OST files you want to import into Outlook.
- Select the destination path where you want the data to be saved.
- Start the import process, and the software will handle the rest.
- Popular automated tool to easily export OST into Outlook in bulk.
- You can choose your preferred language using smart features of the tool.
This blog provides useful information on how to import OST in Outlook. Manual methods can be helpful work if you are dealing with an Exchange server at a very close range. Nevertheless, when you are on the lookout of an instant and convenient fix, it is best to use the above-mentioned auto tool to export OST into Outlook. Use it’s free trial version to improve your experience and make sure that you find satisfactory services.