Tips to Export Mac Outlook Contacts 2021, 2019, 2016, 2011 to Gmail – Try It Right Now
Today, Outlook is famous for its wide compatibility as it is available for Windows or Mac platforms. As users know Outlook for Windows stores data such as emails, contacts in a local data file known as PST. Similarly, Outlook for Mac saves the copy of mailbox data such as contacts in OLM format located on the local disk. Further, MS Outlook for Windows application provides the facility to export contacts in CSV format that can be easily supported by many email clients. However, Mac Outlook moves contacts in .txt format instead of .csv that cannot be imported into other mail programs. Read to know how to export Mac Outlook Contacts 2021 2019, and 2016 to Gmail in the coming sections.
So, if a user is planning to switch from Mac Outlook to a webmail program such as Gmail, then go through this article. In the upcoming sections, users will know the appropriate method to export contacts from Outlook for Mac 2016 to their Gmail account.
Use SysTools OLM to PST Converter software to automatically convert the files.
How to Export Mac Outlook Contacts to Gmail Manually?
There is no tool available in Mac Outlook that directly moves the address book in Google account. So, the users need to follow the indirect workaround to export contacts from Outlook 2011 Mac to Gmail. Here, we describe top 2 manual methods that can transfer Mac Outlook contacts in Gmail without any hassle.
Method #1: Use Export option to Export Mac Outlook Contacts to Google Mail
As we described above, there is no direct utility in the Mac Outlook program. So, users need to follow multiple steps in order to move Outlook contacts in Gmail. This workaround is further classified into three parts.
1: Export Mac Outlook Contacts steps
- Open Outlook application on your Mac machine.
- Navigate to the File tab and select the Export option from the menu.
- A new window named Export opens on the screen. Now, you need to select the radio button corresponding to Contacts to a list (tab-delimited text).
- After that, click on the right arrow present at the bottom right corner to continue the process.
- Now, you need to select a location under the Where heading. Also, provide a name for the exported contact file and click on Save.
- As soon as you hit the Save button, an acknowledgment message displays on the screen. Click on Done to finish the task.
Step 2: Convert Text File to CSV Format
- Go to the Text file created in the above step. Select it and right-click on the file and click Open With >> Microsoft Excel option.
- Once the file is opened completely in MS Excel, navigate to the File tab from the menu.
- Click on Save As option from the resultant menu of File.
- Now, you need to select the MS-DOS Comma Separated (.csv) from the list and click on Save.
Step 3: Import Mac Outlook Contacts to Gmail
- Save file and close MS Excel application.
- Open your browser and login into your Gmail account.
- Now, click on the Google Apps Menu button present at the top-right corner and click on the Contacts option from it.
- Click on the More button. Select the Import option from the list.
- Now, click on Choose File button and select the CSV file that consists of Outlook Mac contacts.
- Next, you need to click on the Import button to start the export Mac outlook contact process.
- In a matter of minutes, all the exported Mac Outlook contacts will be imported into a Gmail account.
Method #2: Configure Gmail Account in Outlook for Mac
- The very first step is to login into your Gmail account.
- Go to the Gear icon located in the top-left corner and click on the Settings option.
- Now, you need to select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Navigate to the IMAP Access option and select the radio button corresponding to Enable IMAP.
- Click on Save Changes to modify the settings.
- Now, open Outlook for Mac and click on Tools.
- Next, you need to select the Accounts option.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon and select the Other Email option.
- Mention your Gmail ID and password under the E-mail address and Password box respectively.
- In the User name field, again type your Gmail ID and mention the following details.
- Incoming server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com
- Make sure that Use SSL to connect checkbox is selected while adding the Gmail account.
- Now, click on Add Account to configure the Gmail Id in it.
- Next, import the Outlook contacts in the IMAP Gmail folder by using the drag and drop method.
The Last Note
Export Mac Outlook contacts are the best way to manage personal as well as business contacts in the digital world. But, it is impossible to access those address books from any remote location. In order to resolve the issue, people looking for a method to export contacts from Outlook for Mac 2016 to Gmail (webmail) program. Hence, in this post, we have discussed the topmost methods that easily copy Mac Outlook contacts in Google Mail accounts.